twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Losing the last few pounds...?

I have a BMI of 24, so I'm not overweight but it is in the top of the 'healthy' BMI category. I do a LOT of exercise (at least an hour a day) so I have muscle tone, but I also have a fair amount of fat that I want to lose. I'd say I'd like to lose about half a stone of fat (I say this cos I'm not bothered about the weight, just the wobble!). I eat incredibly healthily; everything is wholemeal, I eat about 8-10 portions of fruit and veg a day, I'm veggie but eat tofu, soya, a small amount of nuts, eggs etc so am definitely getting the protein balance. I also do a bit of weight training to increase muscle. But I just CANNOT shift this fat! If I drop my calorie intake down a bit, after a few days my metabolism slows down accordingly. SOOO frustrated... help...!
Answer:
don't bother with lowering your calorie intake because that will not work, I suggest doing interval cardio workouts, for example get on a tread mill, sprint as fast as you can for 30 seconds and then jog for 1minute, do this for 20 to 30 minutes a day... Don't bother with low intensity cardio workouts, because not only do they reduce body fat and but also reduce muscle mass...
There is a great site called my calorie counter, it is great and FREE! I have started using it, it will help track your calories, as well as, how many calories you burn from exercising.
go to a doctor and ask for help
the last few pounds are the hardest to lose but if you keep
on track the few pounds you have to go will come off
You say you are exercising, are you only doing toning stuff like weight training? cos to lose fat you are supposed to do something that makes you sweat like running or cycling.
You could try changing the kind of aerobic exercises you do, like try kick boxing or swimming sometimes the body gets used to certain kinds of training like weights etc... so changing the way you work up a sweat could be the key to dropping the last few pounds well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net