twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Losing fat and gaining muscle?

Hello everyone, I am trying to lose fat and gain muscle. I am 15 years old, 200 pounds and 6'1 . I am overweight I used to weigh 230 pounds and i was obese but i lost alot of weight. I still have a decent amound of fat on me but i have some lose skin in my arms so i am trying to get some muscle to look ripped. I know i have to bring my body fat down though. Right now i life weights 3 times a week for about 45 mins a session, i work chest, triceps, bicepts, and forearms. I also swim 3 times a week and run 2 miles 3 times a week. Since I want to gain muscle I eat 2,000 calories a day but there is no junk food, no chips , candy, chocolate, cake, or any sugary refined foods, no white flour or bread. So all my calories are form healthy food. I drink a 400 calorie protein shake after i lift weights, 2 cups of milk and 2 servings of whey protein. I am young so the fat should come off easy i think. Do you think I can lose fat and gain muscle if I do this or is 2,000 calories too much? thanks
Answer:
Please don't be one of those guys who neglects to train his legs and back. This is essential if you really want to change the way you look. I could go on for hours with all the reasons why, nevermind that leg training is about the most physically taxing, calorie-burning, metabolically-stimulating you can do for your body. Just my opinion, but I think you are doing too much cardio. More cardio doesn't always equal more fat-loss, and too much of it will cause your weight-training workouts to suffer. Intensity is essential when lifting weights, and with upwards of 31/2 hours of cardio a week, your workouts will likely be more mediocre than intense.
Your calories are about right, and while it's important to get protein after you train, I don't think you need 60 grams (my estimate based on 2 scoops plus 2 cups milk), unless you aren't getting much protein throughout the rest of the day. I recommend 1-2 scoops of protein, ditch the milk, and have a pack of sweet tarts or something else with about 50 grams or so of carbs coming from dextrose or maltodextrin. Then try to split the rest of your daily calories evenly between protein and carbohydrates (which should come mostly from fruits and veggies). Make sure you are getting enough fat in your diet. 50-80 grams, mostly poly and mono-unsaturated fats. Olive oil, flaxseeds, fish oil. Eat your vegetables and try to get 20-30 grams of fiber every day.
Please, please train your legs and back.
You're doing everything right. :) Good luck.
You are doing everything just fine. For a 15 year old guy 2000 calories is fine.
Congratulations on all that weight loss! I am proud of you and would totally date you. I am the same age. BTW. So keep going with your awesome routine.
its ok! expect 2 loose about 2lbs weightloss a week, max.
to keep u happy and healthy, and 1 year to reach ur goal.
you might want to mix up some of the muscle building exercises. Like maybe one day work on these parts then another day do these, etc. and have one day where you do everything. but mix up your days and what you do because if you get too predictable it won't be hard for your body anymore and nothing will happen
it sound s like you are doing really well. and everything right good luck!
Congrats on your weight loss- your diet and exercise plan is very smart.
I don't think 2,000 calories is too much. In fact it may be a better amount for you given that you get so much exercise. If you would like a better idea of how much you need, go to mypyramid.gov, enter your stats (including exercise time) and it will tell you how many calories you need to maintain. Knock off a few hundred to lose.
You are doing great congratulation on those 30pounds lost. Just be care full not to under eat as if you do that it will stop your weight lost. you should eat 33kal per kilos (1KG = 2.2pounds) of your goal weight.Enjoy!!
Let me tell you what I think. First of all, I congratulate you on your decision to lose weight and not be among the obese multitude. You are making a choice that will resonate far beyond your years. The progress you make as you eat a healthy diet and work out will follow you for the rest of your life and can even extend your life.Know this though about muscle and fat. No matter what your body fat content, you will burn fat so long as you strength train your upper body and follow that up with cardio. I'll tell you why. For one thing, once you tear down muscle, it takes energy to rebuild that muscle, which burns fat even in your sleep. And you eventually need not worry about the scale in the near future because muscle is seven times heavier than fat. You might end up weighing more than you do now, but that weight is muscle weight. I'm a short 5'9", but I weigh between 155 and 160 pounds. Yet I look and feel better than I ever have before. You're on the right track. So don't quit and I support you in your quest to better yourself even though I do not know you.
Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.Take light exercises and brisk walks regularly preferably twice a day.U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net